What is HydroEater?
HydroEater is a bioremediation product that was designed specifically to break down hydrocarbon polluted soil.
HydroEater not only breaks down the hydrocarbon polluted soil but it also activates the natural bacteria of the specific area to help with the bioremediation process. It restores the land faster to the original non-toxic state.
HydroEater is cost efficient, time saving and can handle ppm levels up to 40,000. Therefore it overcomes any concerns the bacteria dose will not be sufficient or strong enough and it avoids the need to double up on the product which is the usual approach taken with less effective bacterial strains.
Applications for HydroEater
HydroEater is ideal for treating:-
1. Brownfield land sites and contaminated land. It can be used in-situ i.e. this is where you treat the contaminated soil on site or ex-situ i.e. where you have to remove the contaminated soil and place on bio pads or Bio Piles to treat. These are the two most prevalent methods of bioremediation due to ease of application, cost efficiency and security on site.
2. Bio Slurping and Dewatering applications
3. Transformer Station spill clean-up
4. Refinery, Terminal, Upstream Production, Hazardous Waste Operators and Power plants
5. Drilling Mud treatment in conjunction with Sludge thickeners / solidifiers to provide a combined Hydrocarbon remediator and thickening solution on site.
6. Sludge Pits
Development of HydroEater
HydroEater was created and developed by Skyhawk Global Technical Director Rudi Ferreira, who is an expert on bioremediation. Over many years and after working on hundreds of different onsite bioremediations undertaken all over Africa, Rudi had experienced lots of challenges and difficulties with the bioremediation products that were on the market.
The biggest frustration he encountered was the fact that most of the bioremediation products were either not strong enough or the remediation process took far too long and proved costly.
Another problem was that when the ppm levels were over 4000 most suppliers had the application requirement to double up the quantity of bioremediation product treatment per M3 obviously doubling up the cost of the product.
Rudi decided to try and create his own product with the brief that the bioremediation take less time, be easy to use on site and cost efficient. Over a period of 5 years he was experimenting with various strains of bacteria and process accelerator products. He then approached and contracted the third-party verification work with the University of Bloemfontein. They had just opened their new lab facility with state of the art testing equipment. Over the rigorous testing process of one year HydroEater was created.
Over the following 3 years and many types of bioremediation projects, HydroEater has proven itself to be one of the strongest bioremediators on the market. On some bioremediation sites HydroEater broke down the hydrocarbon levels within 15 days by 90%.